Monday, June 16, 2008

cream of broccoli soup

Okay, I'm super excited that this blog was made!!! I've been on w.w. this time for about 5 weeks now. I have a million and a half pounds to lose, thanks to baby June, but here I go again. I lost all my weight after each kid with w.w. it really works if you actually do it, amazing right? Anyway I'll be totally honest with who ever is going to read this... I have about 60 pounds to lose, no food was off limits for me while prego, but now I'm paying for it. The nice thing is no matter if you have 6 or 60 pounds to lose there are a ton of people who are in the same the boat, now we can get ideas from each other and make it that much easier to get to our goal... good luck to everyone!!!

This soup is really great & super fast & easy to make.

Cream if Broccoli Soup: 1 1/2 cups is 2 points
What you need:
2 (14.5 ounce) cans of reduced sodium chicken broth
2 ( 12 ounce) bags of fresh broccoli florets ( I imagine you could use frozen, I just never have)
1 small chopped onion
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 cup fat-free half & half
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine the broth, broccoli, onions, & celery in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat & cook, covered, until the vegies are tender, 13 -15 minutes. Let the broccoli mixture cool about 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a blender in batches and puree. Return the mixture to the pan & stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat just until heated through, about 1 minute longer.

Jillonnie

No comments: